Montag, Februar 28, 2005

Waiting

I have waited a lot in my life. Next to eating and sleeping, waiting has been in my life more or less all the time.
If there is one thing I remember well from my childhood than it's waiting. Waiting for school to be over, waiting for my dad to pick me up, waiting for meals, waiting for the weekend, waiting for friends to call, waiting for vacations, waiting for being old enough, waiting for a girl to notice me, waiting for the weather to change, waiting for neough money to buy what I liked, waiting, waiting, waiting.
Now when will waiting end? Do I have to wait for that? For a while I had waiting under control. For me, waiting has something uncontrollable, beyond my own capacity. Lately though, waiting has come back, freezing, like a lizzard in the dark, waiting has slowed me down. Waiting even waits for me around any corner, sneaks up and when I feel it shook it off, it creeps back in. Waiting even replaced sleeping, I never had problems sleeping, I couldn't wait to sleep. Now, sleep can wait, too.
I thought waiting only preyed on children, would leave you when you grow up, fleeing responsibility. In a way, waiting seemed irresponsible and childish, nothing a grown-up should be seeing hanging out with. It seduces you, makes you want more and ties you up in its vanilla flavor. It lures you romantically into waiting for it. It should be rated R, better banned altogether.
No more waiting for school, no more waiting for a job, no more waiting to serve meals, no more waiting for shows to come on, no more waiting for the weekend, the next chance to celebrate something, something positive, relaxing, calming, comforting, motivating, energizing.
I am sick of waiting, I want it to leave. Seak out someone else to annoy, let me be active. I want MY life back!

Oh, wait, I forgot...