Samstag, März 12, 2005

Magnetic Feet

I am convinced my feet are magnetic, so are my daughters or as a matter of fact any kid that walks with me. I bet yours are, too. But you may have never noticed it. Feet have two poles, just like any other magnet: one south and one north pole. Of course, it is really hard to do make a compass out of your feet, since I am afraid they lose their magnetic capability when they get disconnected from one's body. It must have something to do with blood streaming through feed, but that is not the point I wanted to make. Who in their right mind would cut of a foot to make a compass out of it anyway?
I first noticed that my feet are magnetic about a week ago, when picking up my daughter at school. She and her friend walked ahead of me, but as I got closer they ended up right infront of me, slowing down until their feed where against mine. Their heels against my toes. I tried avoiding collision by stepping passed them, which worked for a while. However, soon their feet caught up with mine and soon again I felt the attraction of their polarity to my heels.
Now, if this isn't magnitism at its finest!? I wonder what good one can do with the knowledge of the existence of magnetic feet?