Sonntag, März 13, 2005

It shakes you and moves you,

It catches you and chews you up from the inside and spits you out! Better watch out!

I used to consume it at midnight and go to bed right afterwards. It would wake me up in the morning and get me going. There was a time I would meet it at any corner several times a day. But it took over, after the initial friendly phase, it lost the relaxing wibe. It soon got stronger and stronger, while the soft taste faded away. Its perception others started describing as mean. Soon I was no longer able to function without, couldn't think straight. Where I was, it wasn't far behind. We became one item and unseparable. It carried me and soon became my crutch. It took my independence, robbed me of my sleep. It started crippling me, caused me physical pain. I had to get out, there was no other choice, it had to leave! And yet it comes back, there is no escape. I do need my coffee and would miss, yet it does hurt me. After all decaf is no alternative!